amongst a large pile of christmas cards... a letter about our benefit package. a summary for the year.
Dependent Life Insurance: COVERAGE DECLINED.
She never took a breath. So to them, she never lived. No birth certificate means she doesnt qualify for life insurance, which would have covered funeral expenses.
thanks for the reminder. Merry Christmas to you too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















































































Ah, that is just a kick in the head. We had the same thing with George - even though my husband had called to find out *if* our baby would qualify and they'd made several inquiries around the insurance company about the dependent coverage. We were told yes, which impacted what we'd chosen for the casket and so on. Then it was declined. I also felt devastated, that in some way our baby's life was deemed invalid on some level.
ReplyDeleteOur church where we lived before, however, did collect enough to cover all the funeral expenses. And then my husband's employer, upon finding out this had happened, set up a collection fund and gifted us with a generous cheque. Maybe you two will be similarly blessed. Hope so my friend, though that still doesn't take the sting out of that verdict from the insurance company. xoxo
We paid for everything at Akul's funeral...I just felt he asked for so little..he lived for only three days..I did not even try to get something from insurance - I think I was too devastated to even think about that. Hugssssssssss
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry, that just seems so horribly unfair. I know here in the UK it's not very different. There are benefits that you are entitled to if your baby takes a breath,but otherwise nothing. It's not right.
ReplyDeleteI can't even get the mail anymore. My husband gets it first and only gives me what I need. He even tosses the holiday cards because I just can't deal. It makes me sick to think about all the bills we had to pay when our baby died. Any other place of business would have a refund policy, right? No product, no charge? What it's come down to though is the $ I paid is nothing in comparison to the worth of those few short hours I had with her. I'd pay the $ all over again just to hold her once more. I'm so sorry that they aren't recognizing Kathlyn's life. I'd be hurt and angry too! Now, no more checking the mail! :) Big hug!
ReplyDelete